St. Marys Town Hallin-person Doors Open St. Marys
- In-person
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Washrooms
- Photography allowed
- Rental opportunities
This Town Hall is a replacement for an earlier municipal building that was destroyed by fire in 1890. The building was designed by Toronto architect G.W. Gouinlock and was built in 1892 using St. Marys limestone, with contrasting sandstone accents. Still the administrative centre of the town, the building contains the newly renovated council chambers, municipal offices and an auditorium.
Contact info
175 Queen Street EastSt. Marys, Ontario
https://www.townofstmarys.com/en/recreation-and-culture/Heritage-and-Historic-Landmarks.aspx
Architecture
Year built: 1892Building type:Government buildingHistorical landmark
Architect: G.W. Gouinlock
Architectural style:Romanesque revival
Dates/hours open
Aug 09, 10:00am - Aug 09, 04:00pmSaturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.