Danforth Garage/Toronto Transit Commission Barnsin-person Doors Open Toronto

  • In-person
  • Partial wheelchair access
  • Self-guided tours available
  • Washrooms
  • Photography allowed
Danforth Garage/Toronto Transit Commission Barns

The Danforth Carhouse began servicing streetcars in 1915. In 1921, the Toronto Transit Commission took over and expanded it to accommodate the then-new streetcars. After the 1966 opening of the Bloor-Danforth subway, the carhouse was converted into an all-bus garage. Garage operations lasted here until the site closed in 2002. Today, the barns are the TTC’s marketplace and studios.

Contact info

1627 Danforth Avenue
Toronto, Ontario

https://www.ttc.ca

Architecture

Year built: 1913
Building type:Government buildingTransportation
Architectural style:Art deco

Dates/hours open

May 24, 10:00am - May 24, 05:00pm

Saturday only: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.