St. George's on-the-Hillin-person Doors Open Toronto
- In-person
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Kid-friendly
- Parking
- Washrooms
- Photography allowed
St. George's on-the-Hill has been a landmark in Etobicoke for 180 years. Built in 1847, the church building has undergone many renovations but still incorporates the original structure in the centre of its worship space. Highlights include many stained-glass windows (including the modern "Children of the Bible" window), a Casavant pipe organ, an 1865 font and the parish's small cemetery.
Architecture
Year built: 1847Building type:Place of worship
Architect: William Tyrell
Architectural style:Victorian
Dates/hours open
May 24, 10:00am - May 25, 05:00pmSaturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday: 12:30 to 5 p.m.